What we do
AccessHE acts as a Single Point of Contact (SPoC) for our HEI members to circulate information regarding their outreach work to schools via our weekly e-bulletins and our website.
- To work with our members to support progression to HE for learners from under-represented backgrounds in London
- To enable collaboration between HEIs, schools and colleges making access to Higher Education work more efficient and effective
- To facilitate the development amongst learners from under-represented groups an awareness and understanding of the full range of HE opportunities available to them both within and outside London.
What we do
- Make communication between schools, colleges & HEIs easier
- Deliver CPD & networking for the London access community
- Support the co-ordination of access work in schools/colleges
- Work with pan-London cohorts of particular learner groups
- Pilot new ways of contacting and supporting learners
Working with us
Collaboration & partnership will be vital if we are to support the progression of learners to Higher Education in London. AccessHE are keen to speak to organisations/individuals from the public, voluntary or private sectors, within and outside education, who feel that they share our agenda and see potential in working with us.
As well as schools, colleges and HEIs in London we are working with the following partners at the moment:
- Office for Fair Access (OFFA)
- The National Union of Students (NUS)
- The Association of Colleges (AOC)
- The Greater London Authority (GLA)
- The Brightside Trust
- International Centre for Excellence in Educational Opportunities, University of Liverpool