The Arts and Design Forum
Current chair for 2016-17: Samantha Perez-Lumbreras, Outreach Support Officer, Rose Bruford College.
A consultative forum that can effectively provide an opportunity for higher education institutions offering courses in the arts and design to communicate and strengthen their outreach activities with regards to widening access. Courses in the arts and design are many and varied. They may include, but are in no way limited to, architecture, circus arts, dance, design, drama, drawing, fashion, fine art, music, photography, textiles, theatre and stagecraft.
This forum’s objectives include:
- To exchange and develop good practice
- To develop sets of learning or information materials
- To jointly deliver activities with the target group
- To advocate to policy-makers on access issues affecting arts providers
- To maximise opportunities for collaboration, partnerships, networking and information sharing regarding the arts and design.
During the academic year 2016-17, the forum will deliver the following:
- An e-newsletter targeted at those working to support progression to Higher Education in the Arts and Design
- Work in tandem with the AccessHE Network for Collaborative Outreach (NCO) project, AccessHE Creative – a cross-sector network for those supporting the progression to Higher Education (HE) of under-represented young people in London into the Arts and Design fields. This includes the launch of a new website, accesshecreative.co.uk, local CPD events for teachers and advisers and research on widening participation to creative subjects in HE.
For more information, please contact Sam Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.