During the last two years, nine AccessHE member HEIs have contributed to an innovative project to develop a portfolio of online courses. Due to launch from October 2017, the short courses are targeted at learners ranging from Year 9 to Year 13 in under-engaged schools and colleges in London, bringing innovation in learning and teaching to HE outreach activities.
Learners will be invited to explore subjects such as:
- Adventure University (Year 9+) – Brunel University London
- Chemistry (Year 10+) – University of Hull
- Guiding University Choice (Year 12+) – City, University of London
- Independent Learning Skills (Year 10+) – University of Greenwich
- Law (Year 12+) – St Mary’s University, Twickenham
- Mathematics (Year 11+) – University of West London
- Photography (Year 10+) – Kingston University; University of West London
- Sociology (Year 11+) – London Metropolitan University
- Understanding the University Application Cycle (school / college staff) – Royal Holloway, University of London
Each online course consists of four ~30-minute interactive, multi-media sessions, presented by staff and/or students from HEIs. Delivery will be via a blended learning approach, supported by Student Ambassadors. Looking ahead to 2017-18, AccessHE are also interested in adding to the above portfolio of courses.
If your institution would be interested in contributing to AccessHE Online or you would like further information, please contact Vanessa.Baptista@londonhigher.ac.uk.