The Arts and Design Forum
Chair: Samantha Perez-Lumbreras, Outreach Manager, Rose Bruford College.
This action forum aims to provide an opportunity for AccessHE member HEIs offering arts and design courses to collaborate and strengthen their outreach activities with regards to widening access.
The forum continues to welcome external partners to speak at meetings and supports the activities of the AccessHE Creative Network. It is currently exploring the development of outputs around its themes of shifting the stigma of arts and design HE and understanding mindsets around creative subjects and careers, and is interested in the value of ‘super-curricular’ opportunities such as the EPQ in supporting arts education.
- To exchange and develop good practice.
- To develop sets of learning or information materials.
- To jointly deliver activities with the target group.
- To advocate to policy-makers on access issues affecting arts providers.
- To maximise opportunities for collaboration, partnerships, networking and information sharing regarding the specialist arts.
For more information: Please contact Sam.Turner@londonhigher.ac.uk.