AccessHE Online is now live and can be found at www.accessheonline.ac.uk.
Nine AccessHE member HEIs contributed to an innovative project to develop a portfolio of online courses. Launched in October 2017, the short courses are targeted at learners ranging from Year 9 to Year 13 in under-engaged schools and colleges in London, bringing innovation in learning and teaching to HE outreach activities.
Learners are invited to explore subjects such as:
- Adventure University (Year 9+) – Brunel University London
- Chemistry (Year 10+) – University of Hull
- Guiding University Choice (Year 12+) – City, University of London
- Independent Learning Skills (Year 10+) – University of Greenwich
- Law (Year 12+) – St Mary’s University, Twickenham
- Mathematics (Year 11+) – University of West London
- Photography (Year 10+) – Kingston University; University of West London
- Sociology (Year 11+) – London Metropolitan University
- Understanding the University Application Cycle (school / college staff) – Royal Holloway, University of London
Each online course consists of four ~30-minute interactive, multi-media sessions, presented by staff and/or students from HEIs. Delivery is via a blended learning approach, supported by Student Ambassadors.
If your institution would be interested in contributing to AccessHE Online or you would like further information, please contact us.