2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
If you are able to attend, please register by 10am on Thursday 18 June 2020. If you are unable to attend or to send a colleague in your place you can send your apologies by privately messaging Tanyel via MS Teams or e-mailing Tanyel.email@example.com. A final agenda, any papers and conference joining instructions will be sent 1-3 days in advance of the e-meeting.
- (2-2.05pm) Welcome and introductions
- (2.05-2.20pm) Discussion: mentoring for mature learners
The forum will discuss effective virtual mentoring programmes for mature learners and what these might look like. Forum members are asked to bring examples from their institutions to share.
- (2.20-2.35pm) practice sharing: effective strategies for communicating with mature learners
As a largely ‘non-captive’ audience, mature learners must be engaged through creative forms of IAG. This is especially true for those prospective mature students who may not use public information sources. The forum will consider how best to communicate with mature learners especially during the covid-19 period.
- (2.35-2.50pm) collaborative project: creating an online ‘gateway to London HE’ for mature/part-time learners
Update from AccessHE on a new collaborative IAG initiative targeting mature/p-t learners.
- (2.50-3pm) AOB and close
- Time and date of next e-meeting
Thursday 23 July, 2-3pm, via Zoom. Booking page and agenda TBC.Book event