3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The first 2022-23 academic year meeting of the AccessHE Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Forum will take place via Zoom from 15.00-16.00 on Wednesday 23 November 2022.
The agenda is:
- Welcome and introductions. The meeting will be chaired by Jonathan Schulte, London School of Economics and Political Science. He will begin by introducing the topic of this meeting and the new academic year.
- Apologies for absence
- Reflective discussion: What is ‘good evaluation’? With “evaluation, evaluation, evaluation” as John Blake’s declared ”first priority”, the upcoming APP guidance will likely place great emphasis on evaluation and research. Setting aside discussions of the OfS expectations for evaluation for next year, this session wants to start from the opposite end and ask:
- What do we as practitioners want from an evaluation?
- How does evaluation happen in our institutions currently, and do we think that it is a
- If not, what would need to change?
- Speakers from the London School of Economics & Political Science. In our recent effort to develop an institution-wide Education Evaluation Framework, LSE has started to collect some first answers to these questions – focusing on evaluation as a reflective praxis that begins with the question and interests of specific stakeholders.
- Interactive discussion. Looking forward to the rest of the academic year, what hallmarks of good and bad evaluation do you think will be most significant? What help can AccessHE offer for evaluation this year?
- Close of meeting and provision of dates for the rest of the academic year
If you would like to attend, please contact Emily at email@example.com.Book event