1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The first meeting of the AccessHE Student Ambassador Forum in academic year 2020/21 will be taking place from 1-2pm on Monday 23 November 2020, via Zoom.
If you are able to attend, please register by 4pm on Friday 20th November 2020. If you are unable to attend or to send a colleague in your place you can send your apologies by messaging Richard Boffey via MS Teams or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The agenda can be found below. Joining instructions will be sent to registered attendees on Friday 20th November and will also be circulated via the Student Ambassador Forum MS Teams channel in advance of the meeting.
- Welcome, introductions and apologies for absence
The meeting will be chaired by Amanda Cudby, University of Sussex
2. Best practice sharing discussion: student ambassador schemes in 2020-21
The disruption to widening participation work caused by covid-19 has had a knock-on effect on student ambassador schemes. The forum will hear from colleagues running schemes this year about how they have adapted their approach to overcome logistical challenges and where this has proved successful. Areas of focus include:
- Recruitment and training of ambassadors
- Provision of work opportunities
- Day-to-day management of schemes
- 3. Employer engagement and supporting ambassadors with progression into graduate employment
Forum members to brainstorm pan-London employability initiatives that could be delivered in place of the planned AccessHE Student Ambassador Conference.
- 4. Forum priorities for the year ahead
Members to discuss and share suggestions for themes to be addressed in 2020-21.
- 5. Any other business