The AccessHE London NCOP made use of Adventure University, created by Brunel University London and the newest addition to AccessHE Online, to help the learners understand their options for higher education and the variety of potential careers open to them.
An educational alternative to Fortnite?
With the summer break just around the corner, AccessHE Online can be highlighted to learners to keep them engaged with higher education over the holiday. There are a variety of free courses to choose from covering different subject areas and aimed at different age groups:
- Aimed at learners in year 12 or entering year 12
- Aimed at learners in year 11 or entering year 11
- Social Problems and Issues, created by London Metropolitan University
- Aimed at learners in year 10 or entering year 10
- Photography, created by The University of West London
- Aimed at learners in year 9 or entering year 9
- Adventure University, created by Brunel University London.
Staff can get involved too!
Staff in schools and colleges or anyone who delivers to young people can also get involved with the Understanding the University Application Cycle course from Royal Holloway, University of London – a UCAS and Student Finance refresher.
Whether used to give learners a head start for the next year, to allow them to explore new subjects in an informal manner or to prepare them for making choices about their own futures, AccessHE Online is a flexible tool to take outreach both out of the classroom and into the summer break.
AccessHE Online is a free to air platform which allows anyone aged 13 or over make an account and take courses. To sign-up yourself or your learners please visit the AccessHE Online website. If you would like a create accounts in bulk please contact Vanessa (Vanessa.email@example.com)
For more information concerning AccessHE Online please contact Vanessa (Vanessa.firstname.lastname@example.org)