If you / your students are keen to get a better understanding of university life and study, why not book your place for our University Information Day for Disabled and Dyslexic Learners at London Metropolitan University on Wednesday 6 November 2019?
Kindly hosted by:
University Information Day 2019 is a *free* half-day event aimed at Year 11+ SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) students at school or college and those in further education, parents/carers, teachers, SENCos and other staff working within schools and colleges.
Delivered in collaboration with Members of the AccessHE Disability Forum, it is designed to provide an insight into university life and study as a disabled or dyslexic learner. Attendance is FREE and lunch and refreshments are provided.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Visit a university campus and understand the support availablefor disabled and dyslexic students, including mental health & wellbeing support and those with hidden disabilities
- Hear a motivational talk on university life and study from disabled students/alumni
- Learn about the Disabled Students Allowance (DSA), needs assessments, additional funding and more from our partner organisations
- Ease concerns and ask questions during panel Q&A sessions for both students and parents/teachers
- Participate in an interactive workshop on assistive technologies
- Take part in an accessible campus tour with student ambassadors and/or a showcase of assistive technologies and equipment in the on-site centre
It sounds great! How can I book a place?
Please note, this is a ‘booking only’ event. Places are limited and allocated on a first come, first served basis so we encourage you to book on ASAP to avoid disappointment. If you are a member of school staff and you would like to book a number of places, please contact us.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
> Book on here <