Chair: Jennifer Harley, Head of Disability Services, University of Law.
This forum provides a consultative assembly for those staff from AccessHE member HEIs working to support progression to HE for learners with disabilities including those with dyslexia.
The Disability forum coordinated a University Information Day for Disabled and Dyslexic Learners and organised a member survey on outreach with disabled learners and inclusive practices. It is currently sharing training and good practice around inclusive models of support, mental health and HE transition, and exploring an event supporting disabled HE learners with their transition to further study or employment.
- To develop sets of learning or information materials.
- To joint deliver activities with the target group.
- To joint deliver activities with those supporting and advising this group including teachers, careers staff, parents and HE practitioners.
- To maximise opportunities for collaboration, partnerships, networking and information sharing.
- To provide continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities for forum members.
For more information: Please contact Sam.Turner@londonhigher.ac.uk.