Current chair for academic year 2016-17: Nicki Martin, Head of Research and Postgraduate Courses, London South Bank University.
Vice chairs: Lynn Wilson, National Association for Disability Practitioners (NADP) and Martin Smith, NADP Board member, Disability Rights UK and DASH Trustee
A consultative forum for those working to support progression to Higher Education (HE) for disabled students.
This forum is open to staff from member schools/colleges and attendance is encouraged.
This forum’s objectives include:
- To develop sets of learning or information materials
- To joint deliver activities with the target group
- To joint deliver activities with those supporting and advising this group including teachers, careers staff, parents and HE practitioners
- To maximise opportunities for collaboration, partnerships, networking and information sharing
- To provide Disability continuing professional development for forum members.
Disclaimer: AccessHE works with a range of organisations and providers but please note, we do not endorse any particular companies.
During the academic year 2016-17, the forum will deliver the following:
- CPD disability training for colleagues prior to each forum meeting
- An OFFA endorsed survey for member HEIs looking at outreach work with disabled students
- A Year 12 disabled students outreach event
- A practitioners’ CPD event on the topic of assistive technology
- An open day resource for disabled students to assist them in finding out more about the support services available to them.
For more information, please contact Guy Cowen-Hutton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.