9:30 am - 4:00 pm
20 September 2018
AccessHE Annual Conference 2018 with BT
London is a hyper-diverse centre of talent, but do our boardrooms, staff rooms, classrooms, lecture theatres and graduation ceremonies represent this diversity?
Read Jamie Mackay’s reflections on the Conference: https://www.accesshe.ac.uk/reflections-on-the-accesshe-annual-conference-2018-with-bt/
The AccessHE Annual Conference 2018 with BT set to explore the future challenges and opportunities for social mobility through higher education in London, aiming to bring together colleagues from education, business, government and other organisations to understand how we can work together to enable students to get in and get on in higher education.
We also launched a new AccessHE report during the Conference – Preparing for hyper-diversity: London’s student population in 2030 – exploring future trends and questions for HE participation in the capital.
Confirmed speakers at the Conference included:
- Sarah Howls, Head of Access and Participation Funding and Programmes, the Office for Students
- Rushanara Ali MP, Member of Parliament for Bethnal Green and Bow
- Ian Pretty, Chief Executive, Collab Group
- Loic Menzies, Director, LKMCo
- current students in London from Higher education, together with representatives from BT, Greater London Authority and the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.
Programme and presentations
The programme and some of the presentations from the Conference can be found here.